Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday August 8

Today we went to an exhibit of exhibit design. There were many awesome examples of renderings, models, and exhibit design. It was really inspiring to see such creativity and design. Then we went to St. Chapelle, which is French for The Holy Chapel. The gothic architecture was fabulous and the stained glass was so beautiful. The top level was floor to ceiling, wall to wall stained glass. The main level had so much gorgeous fan vaulting and Fleur de Lis wall covering. We came in early to work on some of the projects we received this morning because tomorrow we're off to Italy! We just had to go visit the crepe guy one more time. I can't believe that this is our last night in Paris and of study abroad! It has gone so quick. Au Revoir!














This is an illuminatrd exhibit. It definitely drew
my attention. I spent some time studying the
design of the exhibit trying to come up with
inspiration for the exhibit design that I have to
do for my sustainability object.



















The renderings were incredible. I liked
how this one used gold to bring out the
railings and areas of desired attention.
It was something different to personalize
the rendering.














This is a picture of the tiny buildings that
had such amazing intricate detail. In the background
you can see the illuminated information panels
from the lower level. This exhibit was pretty much
made for our group! it was so great to see such great design!














I fell in love with this workspace. I love the bright
color that warms up the space and the amount of
work room on this desk would be so nice. the cubbies
would be nice as well to keep all my knick knacks in
because i hate to keep things on top of my desks.














This is the most amazing fan vaulting i've seen yet!
The lights and the wall covering make this room feel
exactly how its supposed to; holy.














Here is the staied glass room that about took my
breath away. The scale of this room and the scale of
the glass was almost overwhelming. It was absolutely
beautiful.














We went to some shops on our way to the metro
and this particular store had this awesome red
chandelier. I dont even remember what kind of
things the store was selling but i will always
remember the red chandelier. its definitely on
my list of what i want in my dream home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home